Subsurface aeration is like underwater fountains of bubbles. Air is fed to the water from the bottom of a pond through a diffuser and released back to the atmosphere when it reaches the surface of the water. The diffuser takes a stream of air and releases it into the water as tiny bubbles. From the perspective of the bubble, the smaller it is, the more oxygen gets transferred. So, diffused subsurface aeration is an underwater fountain of tiny bubbles.
According to the Montgomery Country Maryland, Department of Environmental Protection, bubble aeration may improve nutrient levels and therefore reduce duckweed blooms over time.
If there is sun on the solar panel but no bubbles on the pond surface, contact LINNE Industries at 888-755-1950 or contact us. You will also find a QR code on the back of the system that will take you to our website contact form.
If your PondHawk is under warranty, we will give you instructions on next steps to process the claim. If your PondHawk is beyond its warranty period, we can provide a quote for service, or LINNE Industries may be able to help you troubleshoot on the phone.
Yes. The PondHawk® is designed to work in very low levels of solar insolationthe total amount of solar radiation energy received on a given surface area during a given time.
Click the photo for a larger view and you’ll see the PondHawk working under heavy cloud cover. The bubbles are smaller and fewer, but it is still bubbling!
With PondHawk, Mother Nature works her magic and aerates your pond — even during windy and rainy conditions.
- The solar panel is warranted by the manufacturer for 25-years, and will deliver sufficient power to run the air pump over that entire time.
- The air pump carries a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty, and will require a change in diaphragms (a simple kit) after three years.
- The diffuser platform is stainless steel and supports an industrial grade micro-bubble diffuser.
Conservatively, the system will run for more than twenty years with just occasional maintenance.
- If there is debris on the glass of the solar panel, cleaning will help insure proper output.
- If it is sunny but there are no air bubbles, check the hose connection to the pump.
- After three years of operation, replace the diaphragms using a kit that can be ordered from LINNE Industries.
- LINNE Industries offers a range of service options that can meet your post-warranty needs.